საქართველოს პროკურატურამ ქოლ-ცენტრების მორიგი მასშტაბური დანაშაული გამოავლინა და ორგანიზებული ჯგუფის მიერ ჩადენილი თაღლითობის და ფულის გათეთრების ბრალდებით, ათი პირის მიმართ სისხლისსამართლებრივი დევნა დაიწყო
Russia loses 740 soldiers, one air defense system in war against Ukraine over past day
Border guards destroy 'Msta-S' self-propelled howitzer with drones in Southern Slobozhanshchyna sector
USF strikes 240 targets in Russian rear over 48 days
Poland may take part in Board of Peace only as observer, Tusk says
Ukraine’s forces stop Russian advance on Lyman front using night FPV drones
Ignat denies reports of foreign F-16 pilots operating in Ukraine
Zelensky says Ukrainians won’t let him hand Donbas over to Russia

Poland may take part in Board of Peace only as observer, Tusk says

18.02.2026 ნახვები: 118

An official representative of Poland may attend the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace in Washington only as an observer, and Warsaw does not currently intend to join the initiative.

Prime Minister of Poland Donald Tusk stated this on Tuesday before a meeting of the Polish government, Ukrinform's correspondent reports.

"The government does not foresee, under these circumstances and conditions, Poland's participation in the Board of Peace. A possible visit to Washington by a representative of the president would have an observational character, meaning that as an observer, Poland's representative can, of course, take part in these meetings," Tusk said.

He added that Poland also does not intend to send Polish troops to the Gaza Strip and will not participate in business projects in that territory.

"Poland certainly does not intend to and will not send Polish soldiers to the Gaza Strip. We have our own security problems, and I do not need to explain to anyone what we are focused on and what the Polish army is focused on. Poland is also not interested in co-financing development projects in the Gaza territory, and this probably does not require special explanation either," Tusk emphasized.

It later became known that Polish President Karol Nawrocki will not travel to the United States for the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace. Warsaw will be represented at the meeting by the head of the Presidential Office of International Policy, Marcin Przydacz.

This was reported on the social media platform X by the spokesperson for the Polish president, RafaL Leskiewicz.

Read also: Italy may join Trump's Board of Peace as observer – Meloni

As previously reported, Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski stated that if President Nawrocki decided to participate in the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace initiated by Donald Trump, he should convince the White House that in the Russia-Ukraine war pressure should be exerted on the aggressor, not the victim.

U.S. President Donald Trump, ahead of a new round of trilateral talks involving Ukraine, the United States, and Russia in Geneva, said that Ukraine should sit down at the negotiating table more quickly.

Photo: Kancelaria Prezesa Rady Ministrow

ყველას ნახვა
ყველას ნახვა
ყველას ნახვა